Monday, November 30, 2015

Use of Technology for Learning

I think the use of technology for learning is the topic that I am really the most excited about.   I think this is really the skill we as teachers need to push our students in.  We need to take the computer class instruction from how to type and how to change fonts to how to use technology successfully and productively in the classroom. 

I learned many great ideas for incorporating technology.  I really like the idea of students taking the responsibility for researching and planning the execution of their projects.  I also like that they are required to construct their own knowledge.  I really feel that these self driven technology skill will be of the greatest benefit to students. 

That being said, I need to incorporate more technology during my activities.  I use my ActivBoard but I really have gotten away from the students using the technology and seem to be using the sage on the stage method.  I need to empower my students to take a greater roll and to direct their own learning. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I also need to incorporate more technology into my classroom, my students have 1:1 laptops at their daily use. However, I find that I only have them on then a couple times a week. We do academic sites like Compass Learning which is ability based, however I am finding they need more. Looking forward to reading how you take your kiddos to the next technology level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I also need to incorporate more technology into my classroom. It can be hard to do some times when technology decides not to work or when you do not have enough technology to go around.

    ReplyDelete