Monday, December 7, 2015
Real World Problem Solving
Problem solving is such an important skill. Today my student were working on a collaboration activity. They had a little difficulty with their problem solving. I would not solve their problems for them which was clearly not what they wanted. The first "floor" of the elevator requires an activity's primary purpose to be problem solving. Students need to learn how to answer real world problem solving situations so they can build upon their skills. Education has moved away from question and answer learning to problem solving. I can't say that my students are working on substantive real-world problems but they are at a good starting point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Problem solving is an important sill to have. It is great to hear that your class has had some success with this. I am excited to see what changes you will make.
ReplyDeleteI have also noticed that shift. I realized that I need to introduce more problems that have many different correct answers as well.
ReplyDelete