Well my journey is truly continuing.... I have really enjoyed putting the pieces together to make a 21st century lesson. I have decided to push through to the the Leader course and see what I can do....
The Past 9 weeks- Over the past 9 weeks I have really learned that I like activities that use the 21st century competencies. It makes everything way more interesting and gives the activities a greater sense of purpose. I really took that to heart and thought about what my students would like and tried to incorporate it into my teaching. I was able to put a name and process on what I enjoyed as a learner and use it in my classroom.
Insights to student learning- I found that with some extra planning we would be able really get more done at a higher level of learning. The activities were more meaningful and purposeful and really more enjoyable for my class. They have been very excited to work on the activities.
The future of my teaching- I will definitely use the competencies to drive my instruction. These are the skills that my students need to be successful. After all, problem solving, technology and collaborating are skills that make us more successful as teachers. Why would we not teach the skills to our students?
No comments:
Post a Comment