http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/gamesactivities/plantsgrow.html
Sunday, January 31, 2016
Science Webinar
As I stated in my last post, my awesome partner Amy and I incorporated the webinars together with our final project. We are studying Cycles in Nature as our Core Knowledge unit. We are currently on the life cycle of a plant. We decided to incorporate the into the NGSS and make a big unit. We used a site from the webinar called Science Kids to model the conditions a plant needs to grow.
http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/gamesactivities/plantsgrow.html
The simulation had the students using varying amounts of heat and water to make the plant grow. We did it as a whole class. The only directions I gave were on the basic controls of the game. The first student's attempt was not successful and the students had to use the information they were given to adapt their method. It took about 10 kids but they were able to get the plant to live . It was a great activity not only for the scientific principle but also the great sense of teamwork it brought out in the students.

http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/gamesactivities/plantsgrow.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was so happy that this went so well with the core knowledge unit. I have also found a lot of science activities on the website that would work for the human body unit too.
ReplyDelete